Two of my favorite video game worlds are about to collide on the Wii U! Nintendo has just announced that Sonic Lost World will offer a free downloadable stage, based on The Legend of Zelda franchise tomorrow!
The Zelda DLC for Sonic Lost World was originally teased by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during a Nintendo Direct presentation in December, and fans who have longed for its release shall wait no more.
On March 27, gamers who own Sonic Lost World on the Wii U will be able to download the The Legend of Zelda Zone via the Nintendo eShop. This Zelda-inspired level will focus more on adventuring rather than speed. The Zelda DLC will incorporate elements of different Zelda games together, including Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. Sonic will also be donning Link’s signature green tunic.
And yes Link will even make a cameo.
Here are some key details about the Zelda DLC.
– The Legend of Zelda Zone is free
– It’s a more adventure based level
– Hyrule Castle in shown in background comes from Twilight Princess
– Stalfos enemies are from Ocarina of Time
– Link makes a cameo riding on a Loftwing from Skyward Sword
– Sonic can explore a miniature dungeon
– Rings are replaced by a heart meter
– Hyrule field is an open area
– Rupees you earn are converted into freed animals at the end of the stage
– You can run around, explore, complete small challenges in any order
– Sonic doesn’t wield a Master Sword or Hylian Shield
– Sonic uses same abilities from Lost World
Check out The Legend of Zelda Zone trailer for Sonic Lost World courtesy of IGN below!