You might be seeing a huge change in your search engine results soon. Google recently made a deal with Twitter, giving the search engine giant access to Twitter’s endless stream of real-time information that comes from the site’s hundreds of millions of users. The deal will allow tweets to be visible in Google’s search results as soon as they’re posted.
Google believes that real-time tweets will enhance a user’s search results by allowing for a much more broader amount of content. The details on how this will roll out are still not entirely clear, but there is one big takeaway here for your business. If you don’t already incorporate the use of Twitter into your social media strategy, you should take the time to make an account and get started. This deal will certainly favor business and individuals who already make use of Twitter.
In this day and age, if you don’t adapt, you can get left behind. Twitter is one of the easiest social networks to master. Once you get started you’ll be sharing useful content with your audience in no time.
Making a Twitter Account is Easy:
- Go to http://twitter.com and find the sign up box.
- Enter your full name, email address, and a password.
- Click Sign up for Twitter.
- On the next page, you can select a username (Twitter will let you know if the name is available.)
- Double-check your name, email address, password, and username.
- Click Create my account. You may be asked to complete a Captcha to let them know that you’re human.
- Twitter will send a confirmation email to the email address you entered. Click the link in that email to confirm your email address and account. That’s it!
Once you’re signed up tweet away! Share interesting links about your business, participate in relevant hashtag conversations, and engage with your followers. Your audience will love it, and soon users searching for your business on Google will too!